An economical solution
nrw contec riverscreens are an economical solution when it comes to the extraction of process water in the industrial or municipal sector.
The vertical screens, as they are also called, are constantly submerged in water. They are attached vertically, like a slide plate, to the outside of a sheet pile wall.
In the case of heavier soiling, a deflector grille is recommended to protect the screen from damage by larger objects such as pieces of wood, etc.
Numerous wastewater treatment plant operators and industrial companies trust the stable, durable contec screen for River water extraction.
Your advantages at a glance:
Optimal separation ridge
Particularly high separation efficiency of screenings in the form of floating, sinking, suspended and fibrous materials.
Little space required
The riverwater screen scores thanks to its optimal ratio of screen area to size.
Thanks to its robust design, a nrw contec riverscreen rarely requires maintenance. Service lives of up to 20,000 operating hours are not uncommon.
We build the screen so that it fits you. In addition, you always receive the nrw contec screen ready for use. On-site assembly is usually not required.
A nrw contec riverscreen cleans reliably even if it has not been cleaned for a long period of time.
Only the adjustable brushes come into contact with the solids to be removed.
Depending on the application and design, nrw contec screens consume only between 0.45 and 5 watts per cubic metre of treated wastewater.
Easily adjustable brushes last up to several 10,000 hours of operation. No leakage due to worn seals between frame and rotating screens or screen drums.
- No discharge and disposal of screen necessary, as only clean water is taken from the river.
- Ideally suited as a retention system for carrier material of a biology.
- Encapsulated bearings in the underwater area.
- Flood-proof drives
Effective & economical
A nrw contec riverscreen reliably removes floating matter such as wood or leaves. It also requires very little energy and is extremely low-maintenance.
- The solids to be filtered out are retained by the perforated screen and swept back into the flow by the slowly rotating brushes.
- Meanwhile, the cleaned water flows through the screen into the inlet structure. From there it usually flows into a further stage of water treatment.
- High degree of separation of screenings
- Low space requirement
- Extremely low maintenance
- Designed for high durability
- Economical thanks to low drive power
Cleaner & Conditioner
Areas of application wastewater treatment plant
- Retention of carrier material
Fields of industial application
- Withdrawal of river water
Basic equipment of the nrw contec riverscreen:
Sophisticated, robust and durable
Motor of the river water screen
Brushing the riverscreen
Drive: Made in Germany
The brush cross in a nrw contec screen copes very well with only approx. 2 revolutions per minute. Driven by energy-efficient and highly reliable gear motors made in Germany.
Variable: Cleaning brushes
The polypropylene brushes installed in the river water screen achieve service lives of several years. Due to their length and arrangement, they are extremely resistant even to abrasive screenings.
To compensate for wear, you can simply readjust the brushes. In normal operation, the brushes achieve service lives of several years.
Options for the nrw contec riverscreen
- ultra-fine sieve: sieve width 0.8 - 2 mm
- Fine sieve: sieve width 2 - 4 mm
- Coarse sieve: sieve width 4 - 16 mm
- Stainless steel 1.4301
- Stainless steel 1.4571
- Special materials, for example 1.4462 Duplex (extremely corrosion-resistant)
The systems are supplied on request
- as a special construction for existing structures,
- with encapsulated bearings for underwater use.
Can be supplied with flood-proof drives in protection class IP68 for trouble-free underwater operation.
Accessories for the nrw contec river water screen
Covers and hoods
For existing structures.
To protect the screen from damage by larger objects such as pieces of wood.
More details about the nrw contec screen?
Write to us
We respond immediately.
Please write to us if you would like more information or have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you.
Stefan Fischer and Daniel Durain